lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] bad use of xml::init in LMI sources

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] bad use of xml::init in LMI sources
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 01:59:01 +0100

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 00:51:37 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Other random ideas:
GC>  - a simple Meyers singleton that initializes itself only at first use?

 I was a bit afraid to reply to original message as I thought I was missing
something obvious because my first thought was to do exactly this, i.e. to
initialize xml::init on demand. As long as LMI has a single thread only
this is very simple to do and seems to solve the problem quite nicely.

 A potential problem I see with this is that it might be too late to
destroy it at global objects destruction time. But at worst we could add an
explicit call to destroy it to main() but still without creating it there
unnecessarily.

 Now I'll wait for Vaclav to explain what exactly am I missing...
VZ