lmi

Re: [lmi] Program restarts after crash on Cygwin

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Program restarts after crash on Cygwin
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:57:04 +0100

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:37:30 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> With Cygwin, you may encounter this behavior:
GC>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-10/msg00550.html
GC> which is mystifying if you don't know it's intentional.

 Thank you, thank you, thank you! This definitely mystified me (many times)
in the past. I still don't understand the explanation -- why would a
process ever suffer from a "temporary" startup failure? -- but at least I
now have a workaround (set CYGWIN=proc_retry:1).

GC> Now you know. Then again, lmi never cras

 This is a bad joke to perform with someone using his own MUA to read
email. For a moment I thought that Mahogany ate a part of the message again
(it used to do this, albeit for outgoing messages only (and so this could
be actually considered as a feature beneficial to reducing my verbosity
rather than a bug) some time ago).

 Thanks again for this hint!
VZ