lmi

Re: [lmi] MinGW gcc-4.3, and .tar.lzma

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] MinGW gcc-4.3, and .tar.lzma
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 21:13:28 +0000

On 2008-09-01 18:17Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

> main_wx.cpp:196: error: 'int wxEntry(HINSTANCE__*, HINSTANCE__*, CHAR*,
> int)' redeclared without dllimport attribute: previous dllimport ignored
>
> which I fixed by just removing the block starting with "// WX !! Oddly
> enough, wx seems to require this declaration" comment as I really don't see
> what is it for. Can you still reproduce the problem which required adding
> it?

No, not any longer. Presumably there was once some conflict between
old versions of wx and MinGW that's now lost in the mists of time.

> If not, could you please apply the trivial patch at the end of the
> message?

Patch committed 20080901T2039Z.

>  And I had a few more warnings like this:
>
>       ld.exe: warning: auto-importing has been activated without
>       --enable-auto-import specified on the command line. This should
>       work unless it involves constant data structures referencing
>       symbols from auto-imported DLLs.
>
> for some boost::filesystem symbols (this is using Boost 1.36.0 BTW) and a
> few LMI ones (datum_{base,string} and ce_product_name). But as the linker
> said that it should work fine I decided to just trust it and didn't look
> further into this.

If possible, would you please pass '--disable-auto-import' to 'ld'
(or '-Wl,--disable-auto-import' to gcc) and quote at least one of
the lmi warnings here? I inhibit that feature because it's a kludge
that can mask actual defects--see:
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/19758