lmi

Re: [lmi] testing e_yes_or_no values

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] testing e_yes_or_no values
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 17:33:53 +0000

On 2008-07-12 19:43Z, Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2008-07-12 17:34Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
>>
>>  Are the values of e_yes_or_no type supposed to be handled as boolean
>> values? IOW what is the correct way to test for their truthfulness?
[...]
> I'm working on an urgent matter this weekend, so I can't examine
> your patch today.

Vadim--That urgent matter set us way back. Now I've returned to
the important work I was doing, which is as simple and forgiving
as a face transplant, so don't be surprised if I can't get to
your patch until September. It's unlikely to go stale: mostly,
I'm writing new code and planning to expunge some older stuff;
and I'm not changing anything that depends on wx.

Wendy--In light of the 20080720T1836Z change:
  Make yes-or-no enumerators equivalent to type bool.
you'll need to swap the 'item' order in yes-no radioboxes:

  <content>
-     <item>Yes</item>
-     <item>No</item>
+     <item>No</item>
+     <item>Yes</item>
  </content>

because of this restriction:

/// TODO ?? It appears that the order of enumerators in a wxRadioBox
/// must also match the Model's ordering, which seems too restrictive.

, violating which, I notice today, has...consequences.

Do ponder this comment elsewhere, though:

// TODO ?? WX PORT !! Huh? A yes-no radiobox, instead of a checkbox?
// This doesn't seem to be in the legacy interface.

and consider whether a radiobox like this:

  Elect some particular behavior
  -------
  (o) No
  ( ) Yes