lmi

Re: [lmi] Accessing html help while an XRC dialog is active

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] Accessing html help while an XRC dialog is active
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 20:54:47 +0100

Greg Chicares wrote:
> (2) If (1) isn't possible, then we've got a "Help" pushbutton on
> each XRC dialog already, and it's mapped to wxID_HELP, but still
> it does nothing. How can it be made to display html help?
>
> If (1) is feasible, then we should ignore (2) and remove the
> "Help" pushbuttons from XRC dialogs.

(1) can be done by installing wxAcceleratorTable for the affected
dialogs that will map F1 to wxID_HELP and then have wxID_HELP handler
that will display relevant page of the manual (for example, it could
be done in MvcController and derive help page's name from dialog's
name (==XRCID)). The code would then be the same as for Help button,
only the button would be missing from XRC resources.

I think the Help button is useful, though, it indicates to the user
that extended help on this dialog is available in addition to
per-field contextual help.

Regards,
Vaclav

--