lmi

Re: [lmi] Popup contextual help appears at mouse position

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Popup contextual help appears at mouse position
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:42:34 +0100

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:04:17 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms971323.aspx
GC> | SHIFT+F1
GC> | Display tips help (context-sensitive help) near the selected control.
GC>
GC> Instead, wxmsw displays popup help at the mouse position.
GC> I think the positioning suggested by msdn is better anyway.

 I agree and so I propose to fix this in the following way: if the mouse is
inside the control when Shift+F1 is pressed, show help at its position.
Otherwise, show help "near" the control: by default, position it just under
it but place it above instead if it wouldn't fit on screen otherwise (this
is a bit tricky as I don't know right now how to get the size of the
tooltip window).

 If you don't object to this, I'm going to try to modify wxMSW to behave
like this soon.

 Thanks,
VZ