lmi

Re: [lmi] help implementation

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] help implementation
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:47:29 +0100

Greg Chicares wrote:
> Error
> Unable to load help files '/opt/lmi/data/lmihelp.hhp'.
> [file /lmi/src/lmi/main_wx.cpp, line 459]
>
> Lmi_wx Error
> Cannot open HTML help book: /opt/lmi/data/lmihelp.hhp

I'm sorry, I made the mistake of using fs::path::string() instead
of native_file_string(), Skeleton::InitHelp() should read like
this:

void Skeleton::InitHelp()
{
    help_controller_ = new(wx) wxHtmlHelpController
        (wxHF_DEFAULT_STYLE
        ,frame_);

    fs::path path(global_settings::instance().data_directory() / "lmihelp.hhp");
    wxFileName wxpath(path.native_file_string());

    if(!help_controller_->AddBook(wxpath))
        {
        fatal_error() << "Unable to load help files." << LMI_FLUSH;
        }
}

(The change is two-fold: native path is used and it forces use of
AddBook(wxFileName filename) instead of
AddBook(wxString filenameOrUrl) that exists for compatibility
reasons and has a nasty ambiguity in it. So even if it doesn't fix
the bug, it should be done.)

I didn't test it yet, because I have problems reproducing the
problem for some reason. May be my mount points where
/opt/lmi/data is interpretable as Windows path if CWD is under
C:, may be slightly older wx build I have -- I'm rebuilding
everything from scratch to see if it will help me.

Vaclav

--
PGP key: 0x465264C9, available from http://pgp.mit.edu/