lmi

Re: [lmi] Safe and consistent dereferencing and casting [Was: Code revie

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Safe and consistent dereferencing and casting [Was: Code review: product editor]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:43:08 +0000

On 2007-04-16 11:26Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:35:13 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> > Currently the code does not force an axis to use a wxChoice as a
> GC> > widget for its value selection. It could use anything. On another hand
> GC> > lmi does not have (yet?) an axis which which is more complicated than
> GC> > a list of values
> GC>
> GC> I can't imagine we'd ever want any other kind of axis.
>
>  Wouldn't it make sense to use wxSpinCtrl for the duration axis? I really
> don't think wxChoice is the right UI for selecting one of a hundred values.

We can defer any change until we hear from others. I'd like to
hear what Wendy thinks, for instance. I personally don't ever
use that control except to test that it works. I originally
put it there only for completeness, and not because I thought
it would actually be useful, so it seemed like a good idea to
present a uniform set of controls. But maybe someone else has
found a use for it that I didn't imagine.