lmi

[lmi] RE: FW: Initial Calculation Summary Observation unsecure

From: Ericksberg, Richard
Subject: [lmi] RE: FW: Initial Calculation Summary Observation unsecure
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:04:30 -0500

On 2006-11-15 19:07 UTC, Chicares, Greg wrote:

> Rick--In light of the message I sent at 18:11 UTC, which you
> probably have not received because of that awful corporate
> mailserver of yours,

I have yet to receive it but have received others. ???

> I would ask you to commit this to
> 'branch-20061115', but emphatically not to the main trunk.
> It's good practice if you haven't done it before.

Committed to 'branch-20061115'.

> Learn from
> my mistake, which you can see in MAIN if you look for
> it--here are my personal notes:
>
> | Okay, so I did this:
> |
> | /c/lmi/src/lmi[0]$cvs -z3 update -r gnome-xml-branch lmi
> | /c/lmi/src/lmi[0]$cvs commit -m"Test committing to
> 'gnome-xml-branch'
> | branch" ChangeLog
> |
> | and it committed the change to MAIN only, not the branch.
> |
> | hmmm...have to delete all files in local copy, then update

I used the format:

cvs commit -r branch-20061115 -m"Default to 8.5 X 11 Letter Size paper
when printing Calculation Summary." illustration_view.cpp ChangeLog

This format seemed to work fine for what I committed to
'gnome-xml-branch' also unless someone has seen something I missed. So
far, so good I think.

> Remember, MAIN is the holy of holies, so do keep it holy.
> I have a great deal of respect for my own ignorance, hence my
> caution above in first committing a demonstrably
> inconsequential change.

I will go as far as to say that I wouldn't commit anything to 'MAIN'
unless you specifically and directly told me to. Will comment further
about this in the "New interim branch 'branch-20061115'" mailing list
thread [which I did receive.]

> First, though, you might consider what happens if someone who
> really wants to print it on 8-1/2 by 14" paper selects that
> size in 'page setup'.

I assumed that my fix probably would be temporary for our imminent
release and that we would eventually set it up so that the settings
persist. Indeed, if you have large numbers or add more columns to the
Calculation Summary, you'll most likely need to have it set to landscape
so it doesn't get cut off. If my fix is used, it needs to be tweaked to
also apply to the print dialog under 'Preview calculation summary':

+    wxPrintData *printer_settings = printer->GetPrintData();
+    // Default to 8.5 X 11 Letter Size
+    printer_settings->SetPaperId(wxPAPER_LETTER);

     if(e_print_printer == option)
         {
-        wxPrintData *printer_settings = printer->GetPrintData();
-        // Default to 8.5 X 11 Letter Size
-        printer_settings->SetPaperId(wxPAPER_LETTER);
         printer->PrintText(selected_values_as_html_.c_str());
         }

In any event, I tested changing 'Page setup' and those settings don't
seem to apply to any printing in lmi [Print, Print preview, Run and
print selected cell, Run and print all cells]
for this release or prior releases. So it makes me wonder why it's there
in the first place. I would think a typical user would expect it to
apply across the board.

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.