lmi

[lmi] Naming certain overloaded functions

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Naming certain overloaded functions
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:00:22 +0000

Class Ledger has [realigned for emphasis]:
    virtual void   write(xml_lmi::Element&) const;
    void           write(std::ostream& os) const;
    void        do_write(xml_lmi::Element&, bool light_version) const;
                ???^^^^^
Is there any objection to changing the last to
    void           write(xml_lmi::Element&, bool light_version) const;
so that they're all overloads of 'write'?

Because of this:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c++.moderated/msg/f834bd9d73053566
| There is a de facto naming convention that
| prefixes the private virtual function with a "do"

I'd prefer, at least, not to use a 'do_' name here.