lmi

Re: [lmi] calculation summary, questions about xslt

From: Evgeniy Tarassov
Subject: Re: [lmi] calculation summary, questions about xslt
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:44:33 +0200

On 10/10/06, Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2006-10-10 15:36 UTC, Evgeniy Tarassov wrote:

> On 10/10/06, Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
> notice the double 'tab' character appended after each row label. If
> its not to insure that labels does not truncated, then it should be
> some other sort of formatting-sugar.

That is exactly its function: to make sure labels don't get truncated.

The extra tabs make it all work nicely. Users value that. They would
be disappointed if we changed it.

Ok. That was what made me think about putting multiple formats into
the clipboard. One 'pure-data' format and another one with some nice
visual adjustments to make it look pretty. But as you have said it's
not a priority at all.

> and the 'for'-loops near the line ledger_text_format.cpp:~384, where
> we break header titles into words, add '\t' after each word and align
> such a tokenized title vectors to be of the same length. I suppose it
> is also some sort of 'visual-formatting' attempts in a tab delimited
> data. Please, correct me if i'm wrong and there is a reason for such
> complications in the code and in the output data.

If my hypothesis is correct, then it's just dead code that you
can just ignore.

I think the double '\t\t' is really what our end users want.

But I think the header manipulations do nothing. Can you easily
verify that, or would you like someone over here to look at it?
It may be easier for us because we're more familiar with what
end users expect.

Yes, that code section does exactly what you described here, and it
does nothing in the current code, since all the column headers do not
contain spaces.

Thank you for your explanations!

I will then (as you have explained here) preserve extra tabs in the
code generated, and will remove the 'dead' code section and put it
into tab_delimited.xsl as a comment.