lmi

[lmi] Calculation summary resources

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Calculation summary resources
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:44:01 +0000

Here are links to the specifications and discussions that our
consultants are using to develop the new calculation summary.

A "user story"
  http://c2.com/xp/UserStory.html
describes what users need to accomplish, and why it's important
to the business--without saying how it'll be done. After meeting
with users on 2006-08-31, I wrote this user story that covers
most of the task:

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=105591

and wrote this one separately because it wasn't clear at the
time how difficult it might be:

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=105592

The website's search facility would find both those links, BTW.

There's been a lot of discussion on the mailing list. Even if you
don't subscribe to the list, you can read it online. Here's one
way to see messages, in thread order:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2006-09/threads.html
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2006-10/threads.html

Here's a search that seems to get all the discussions:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?idxname=lmi&query=calculation+summar*

That's just the result of going to the mailing-list archives here:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lmi/
and typing the query terms in the search field. Of course, you
can search for anything there. For example, if you want to know
what's been said about the "Copy and paste calculation summary"
user story, add 'paste' to the search terms above, and you'll
find this:

||  - Copyability. They'd like an easy way to copy contents to the
||      clipboard, so that they can paste it into a spreadsheet
| I imagine that "Copyability" is easy. Putting tab-delimited data
| on the clipboard is sufficient.

Seeing no objection, I'd expect that to be delivered.

As you're aware, MassMutual doesn't want its name used in any way
that might create any liability, so discussions of our business
relationship with Vadim and Evgeniy are kept off the mailing list.
Some nonproprietary information crept into private email, so I
summarized it in the message quoted immediately above--to keep the
permanent public record of design discussions complete, so that
everyone has all the information the developers have.