lmi

[lmi] Change in wxSpinCtrl behavior?

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Change in wxSpinCtrl behavior?
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 02:52:32 +0000

Vadim--I'm observing this change in the behavior of a wxSpinCtrl when
an out-of-range value is typed in. Would you please confirm that this
change is intentional, so that I can feel comfortable relying on it?

  <object class="wxSpinCtrl" name="whatever">
      <min>-10</min>
      <max>10</max>
      <value>0</value>
  </object>

I type '123' and tab to another control.

wx-2.5.4: The contents of the control appear unchanged. If I later
press Enter, then GetValue() seems to return 10, as appropriate; but
I don't see that on the screen when I merely tab away.

wx-2.7: The contents of the control change to '10'. I like that. And
I don't have to write any code myself to make it happen.

I'm (still) using a 20060323 cvs snapshot, in case that matters.

If this change in behavior is indeed intentional, then do you happen
to know which exact wx version first had it, so that I might write
appropriate version conditionals?