lmi

[lmi] *.db4 GUI editor description

From: Boutin, Wendy
Subject: [lmi] *.db4 GUI editor description
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:09:43 -0400

The current product parameter paradigm is a collection of five
different file types: *.pol *.db4 *.tir *.rnd *.fnd

This posting describes the GUI editor for a *.db4 file, which
is the most complex one of the five. The 'db4' interface can
be broken down into three different columns that I'll simply
identify as the left, middle, and right columns.

Left column:
tree control is a nice navigation and selection control
  we'd probably like to conserve this control
status bar above tree control displays name of tree control selection
  it also identifies the tree level
status bar below tree control displays detailed explanation of selection
  tree levels are slightly different
    'Topic' level is just a node description
    'Item' level describes parameter and possible inputs, if applicable

Middle column:
enablement controlled
'Change axes' button is for defining dimensions
  a checkbox exists for each potential dimension
  our products rarely have more than three dimensions
'Revert item' button restores all data to the last saved values

each axis is a dimension or a plane
un-greyed comboboxes represent enabled planes
un-greyed checkboxes represent enabled dimensions
  when more than two dimensions are enabled, the remaining axes are planes
dimensions and planes can be interchanged using dimension's checkbox
  plane is selected in combobox
'duration' dimension is a special because it represents each column

Right column:
display area for dimension values, which varies depending on the
number of dimensions. For example:
0 dimensions is scalar value
1 dimension is a column
2 dimensions is a grid
3 dimensions is a hyper plane (is there a better term you'd use for this?)

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.