bug-parted post from address@hidden requires approval

From: bug-parted-owner
Subject: bug-parted post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:50:36 -0400

    List:    address@hidden
    From:    address@hidden
    Subject: parted "print" output formatting

    http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admindb/bug-parted

to approve or deny the request.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: parted "print" output formatting Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:50:28 -0600
Andrew & Richard,

With older versions of parted the output of "print" was in megabytes
with no "human friendly" conversions and suffixes like MB or GB.

In house we wrote a script around parted that automatically created a
new logical partition that started 1 megabyte after the last partition.
We use this in a troubleshooting class we teach.

With older parted, I could take the output of "print" (displayed in
megabytes only), add megabytes to it and then use those numbers with
mkpartfs.

Now I can no longer do that with the new parted print output that has
some numbers in MB and some in GB. I can't even convert from GB to MB
because the GB numbers are displayed with only one decimal place
precision.

Please consider reverting the "human friendly" print output change, or
support a option to print (say, -m) that prints only megabyte values
(ala, the historical output style of 'print').

Kind regards,
Dax Kelson
Guru Labs

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: confirm 3a62a72b371ff728d0e29366b6b8c24c799d932c