bug-gdb post from address@hidden requires approval

From: bug-gdb-owner
Subject: bug-gdb post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 03:04:01 -0400

    List:    address@hidden
    From:    address@hidden
    Subject: First to Know Bulletin for July 9, 2007

    http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admindb/bug-gdb

to approve or deny the request.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: First to Know Bulletin for July 9, 2007 Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 17:21:45 -0400
Medical Breakthroughs: First to Know
Reported by Ivanhoe Broadcast News

Letter from
the President

July 9, 2007

Breathtaking News

From black raspberries helping protect us against skin cancer to a new approach to quitting smoking, this week’s stories are packed with fascinating news as we take a look at what’s going on in medical headlines.

I wouldn’t have thought it, but according to our story from Ohio State, males may actually be more sensitive to sunlight than women. Take a look at the report to learn more about how rubbing black raspberry extract on sunburned skin may offer additional protection against the sun’s harmful rays, and how it effectively stopped tumors from forming in mice. Stopping prostate cancer by using high intensity ultrasound waves, widely done in Europe and currently in clinical trials in the States, is showing an 80-percent success rate of men remaining cancer-free seven years after treatment, according to the latest studies in our report from Duke. And our story from the Medical University of South Carolina has news about a revolutionary heart scan which is twice as fast as the current CT scanners, cuts down on radiation exposure, and gives “breathtaking images” according to Joseph Schoepf, M.D.

Make sure you also check out our In-Depth Doctor’s Interview with Eric Crombez, M.D. from David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA who tells us about the first-ever treatment for the genetic disorder, Hunters Syndrome, and our story about the new smoking cessation approach called cue exposure therapy. According to our report from H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, the average smoker quits seven or eight times before they are successful, which is why they’re adding a new component to help prevent relapse with the cue exposure therapy. And if you see your mother’s hands when you look down at your own, don’t miss the story on hand makeovers. I have always been told that you can hide your age in many other parts of your body with cosmetic surgery, but your hands will give you away. Perhaps not so anymore! Read the report to find out what treatments are now available for hand makeovers, and at what cost.

In case you missed them, you may want to check our past reports, Premium Content in ArchivesBeware Illegal Use of Wrinkle Reducer or Premium Content in ArchivesAcne Arsenal: What Works. Premium Content in the Archives may be purchased for as little as $9 for 24-hour, unlimited access. If you would like to access Premium Content for the first time click here.

Finally, if you’re not in Calgary today, you’re missing the Calgary Stampede – the greatest rodeo in the world!

And there's more where that came from...

Marjorie
Marjorie Bekaert Thomas
President, Ivanhoe Broadcast News

"Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace."
-- Dalai Lama, spiritual leader (b. 1935 Tenzin Gyatso); Dalai Lama means "Ocean of Wisdom"

Click here to get Ivanhoe's Medical Headline RSS feed Click here to listen to Ivanhoe's Medical Podcasts

Also In This Issue...

New Drug Promising for Hard-to-Treat Prostate Cancer

Major Advance: Gene Linked to Colon Cancer

Obesity Drug: A Weapon for Cancer?

Pumpkin Extract for Diabetes?

Lunch Hour Breast Enlargements

Submit Story Ideas!
E-mail us at
address@hidden

Has this site saved your life or the life of someone you know?
E-mail us at
address@hidden

What do you think about Ivanhoe?
E-mail us at
address@hidden

Smart Woman Home
Click here to read the story
Click here to read the story
Click here to read the story
Smart Woman Home

Do you want to be a part of the Ivanhoe news network?

Click here to read letters to the Webdoctor.We are interested in learning of the latest science-related research and discoveries, including astronomy, chemistry, computer and earth science, engineering, optics and physics.

Please e-mail Marsha Hitchcock, News Director, at address@hidden.

E-mail a Friend
To stop receiving the First to Know Bulletin, click here
and unsubscribe your e-mail address.

What's New | Search/Archives | Ivanhoe FAQ
E-mail Medical Alerts! | Our TV Partners | Awards | Useful Links | Play It Again, Please

Contents © 1995-2007 Ivanhoe Broadcast News, Inc.
No part of this newsletter may be reproduced without permission.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: confirm 79094daab7cc0101afde3af3b2e13da5ffc68f7c