info-sather post from address@hidden requires approval

From: info-sather-owner
Subject: info-sather post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:52:35 -0400

    List:    address@hidden
    From:    address@hidden
    Subject: excel density

    http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admindb/info-sather

to approve or deny the request.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: excel density Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 09:50:17 -0500 User-agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 (Windows/20070509)
Brokers Move On ERMX!

EntreMetrix Inc. (ERMX)
$0.18

Heavy trading today as ERMX announced its launch of digital support
tools for its portfolio companies. Brokers are getting ahead of this
steady climb as they grab up large blocks of shares for there clients.
Look at the numbers and get on ERMX Friday morning!

I hope you clicked on the link to read the ComputerWorld interview.

Furthermore, it may be able to learn from past actions and results.

Only if everyone cooperates by sharing what they know will we be able to
maintain the community of DBAs who are willing and eager to provide
assistance. What is the enemy of focus? As a final note, please take a
moment to participate in dbazine's most recent poll on open source
database technology.

The better you perform up-front planning and the better your procedures,
the faster you will be able to resolve problems.

Or just help you to build your peer network.
Perhaps the DBMS can become savvy enough to schedule a backup when a
system process occurs that requires it.
Of course, the "no cost" label only applies to the initial acquisition
cost of the software, and then only maybe. Of course, not all DBA duties
can be self-managed by software.
However, the discipline of database administration is not well
understood or universally practiced in a coherent and easily replicated
manner.
If you have a favorite, be sure to log in and contribute your ideas
using the "Add Comment" area below.

Even better, the book offers many examples and guidelines for multiple
environments.
They should - it provides for better-rounded, more educated, and more
useful employees. From technical and business jargon to the latest
management and technology fads, the DBA is expected to be "in the know.
Oh, I know, a lot of you DAs out there are thinking it never died - and
perhaps you are correct. Or if you have budget money look to purchase
DBA tools from ISVs.

I think my favorite section of the book is the final three chapters.

Problem diagnosis is another tricky subject. Waiting for a particular
failure and then scrabling to find that "perfect" script, that, by the
way you have never tested, is a plan for failure.

So, being a DBA is sorta like structuring a well-invested portfolio: to
be successful at either, you will need to diversify! As the projects
gain acceptance in the company, additional support can be purchased to
ensure the viability of the applications. As a final note, please take a
moment to participate in dbazine's most recent poll on open source
database technology. , might be on to something. With the growing
mountain of data and the need to organize that data effectively to
deliver value to the business, most modern organizations use a DBMS for
their most critical data.
But not everyone knows what a DBA is, does, or why they are needed. If
Google scans a copyrighted book and houses the contents of that book on
their servers, isn't this a violation of copyright laws?

I think that is okay. com asked when automation will make the DBA job
obsolete. A few years ago Great Bridge formed and tried to duplicate for
PostgreSQL what Red Hat did for Linux. And when you have some good
experiences to share, put together a presentation yourself and help out
your peers. Databases are at the center of modern applications.

I hope you found my thoughts useful. And one of those perks can be
training. Under the CA-TOSL, independent software vendors can
incorporate Ingres into their products as long as the Ingres source code
is provided with the product. Instead, the modern DBA will need to
understand multiple DBMS products, not just one. What about buffer
overflows?

com - Googling Away Copyrights?

A day in the life of a DBA is usually quite hectic.
Menu Archive by Author Blogs Industry Newsfeeds Podcasts Resources RSS
on DBAzine Webinars Contact Info Seeking new owner for this high-traffic
DBAzine. Indeed, a recent poll right here on dbazine. I hope you clicked
on the link to read the ComputerWorld interview.

The company, SeaCode Inc. There are many reasons why DBAs are not on the
fast path to extinction.

Furthermore, the company has taken steps to add Oracle compatibility to
the database engine to simplify conversion of Oracle applications. com -
What Does a DBA Do?

Of course, keeping all of that information organized and accessible can
be a Herculean challenge. What is the enemy of focus?

The best things you can do when problem occur is to remain calm and go
about your job using your knowledge and training.

Of course, software can help simplify the process, but software cannot
replace the DBA. Even better, the book offers many examples and
guidelines for multiple environments.

Furthermore, database backup and recovery will need to be guided by the
trained eye of a DBA.

And Ron Ben Natan's new book, Implementing Database Security and
Auditing, attacks the subject with a vengenance. Be sure to document the
processes you use to resolve problems and overcome challenges.

I think that is okay. Of course, you can take the automation idea too
far.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: confirm 21c659557c9f60154f4823abc5cf6c4b90f6f21a