bug-parted post from address@hidden requires approval

From: bug-parted-owner
Subject: bug-parted post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 06:12:19 -0400

    List:    address@hidden
    From:    address@hidden
    Subject: A question.

    http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admindb/bug-parted

to approve or deny the request.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: A question. Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:13:31 +0530 (IST)
Dear Sir,
     My name is vijaya saradhi. I am a graduate student at IIT Kanpur. I
am trying to install higher versions of parted library on my computer
which has default fedora core 5 installation: parted-1.7.1-15.fc5. For
this I have downloaded parted-1.8.7 from the gnu website and trying to
following the installation instructions. I did ./configure and make
successfully.

When trying to do "make check", I am getting the following output:

make  check-TESTS
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/saradhi/softwares/parted-1.8.7/tests'
*   ok 1: create the test file
*   ok 2: run parted -s FILE mklabel msdos
*   ok 3: expect no output
*   ok 4: erase the left-over label
*   ok 5: run parted mklabel (without -s) on a blank disk
*   ok 6: create expected output file
*   ok 7: check its "interactive" output
*   ok 8: create interactive input
*   ok 9: rerun that same command, but now with a preexisting label
*   ok 10: normalize the actual output
*   ok 11: create expected output file
* FAIL 12: check its output -- slightly different here, due to prompts
        $compare out exp
* failed 1 among 12 test(s)
FAIL: t0000-basic.sh
*   ok 1: create a file too small to hold a fat32 file system
*   ok 2: label the test disk
*   ok 3: expect no output
*   ok 4: try/fail to create a file system in too small a space
*   ok 5: create expected output file
*   ok 6: check for expected failure diagnostic
*   ok 7: clean up, preparing for next test
*   ok 8: create a file large enough to hold a fat32 file system
*   ok 9: label the test disk
*   ok 10: expect no output
*   ok 11: create an msdos file system
*   ok 12: expect no output
* passed all 12 test(s)
PASS: t1000-mkpartfs.sh
*   ok 1: create a file large enough to hold a fat32 file system
*   ok 2: label the test disk
*   ok 3: expect no output
*   ok 4: create an partition
*   ok 5: create an msdos file system
*   ok 6: expect no output
* passed all 6 test(s)
PASS: t2000-mkfs.sh
===================================
1 of 3 tests failed
Please report to address@hidden
===================================
make[1]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/saradhi/softwares/parted-1.8.7/tests'
make: *** [check-am] Error 2

How serious is this error? Now that I got this error, I haven't done the
final step "make install". I request you to kindly let me know if this is
a bug and suggest me whether I should go ahead and do make install.

thanking you,
sincerely,
vijaya saradhi.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: confirm 7ef32447c1870be62380fe00d69ef7115e4975ff