bug-gdb post from address@hidden requires approval

From: bug-gdb-owner
Subject: bug-gdb post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 03:03:18 -0400

    List:    address@hidden
    From:    address@hidden
    Subject: First to Know Bulletin for June 25, 2007

    http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admindb/bug-gdb

to approve or deny the request.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: First to Know Bulletin for June 25, 2007 Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 12:43:58 -0400
Medical Breakthroughs: First to Know
Reported by Ivanhoe Broadcast News

Letter from
the President

June 25, 2007

Hello from Calgary!

On the way to Calgary this year we went by the Lakota Indians’ Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. It added a new dimension to our trip that we haven’t had before in the eight years we’ve been trekking across the United States. It was particularly fun since we also got to visit with Bruce BonFleur – my business partner, Bette’s, brother, who is doing missionary work at the reservation.

New dimensions are also explored on our site in this week’s stories which cover a myriad of new breakthroughs you’ll want to be aware of. Here’s a quick rundown of the topics to check out:

  • From California, new software which uses 3-D mammogram images that could help doctors better identify and treat breast cancer. This allows the doctors to see the breast tumor from every angle and plan treatment with more accuracy.

  • A breakthrough skin-vacuuming and light system to battle acne that is working for almost 70-percent of the population who don’t respond to conventional therapy.

  • An In-Depth Interview with Sanjaya Saxena, M.D. from UCSD who explains what compulsive clutter is and how SRI’s and cognitive behavioral therapy can reduce the anxiety and distress that accompany this problem.

  • Research from New York’s Mount Sinai Hospital on an herbal alternative to steroid treatment for asthma.

  • And, in our continual quest for what will be medicine’s next big thing, we bring you a story from Seattle on growing stem cells that may eventually help repair severely damaged human livers and possibly grow artificial blood vessels that could replace damaged ones.

Our Reader’s Request has a question from a reader who’s been diagnosed with a spinal cyst at the tail end of the spine. If you have any helpful information about this topic, please click here with your suggestion.

In case you missed them, you may want to check our past reports, Premium Content in ArchivesMarijuana Use Appears Unrelated to Lung Cancer or Premium Content in ArchivesAsthma Linked to Early Smoke Exposure. Premium Content in the Archives may be purchased for as little as $9 for 24-hour, unlimited access. If you would like to access Premium Content for the first time click here.

Finally, after reading our story from California on how medical marijuana was used medicinally for more than 4,000 years, and then banned from medicinal use in the United States in 1942, I had a few amusing moments trying to picture who it was 4,000 years who first had the benefits of marijuana. And I wonder why it was banned here in 1942? If anybody has the answer, let us know!

And there's more where that came from...

Marjorie
Marjorie Bekaert Thomas
President, Ivanhoe Broadcast News

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government."
-- Edward Abbey (1927-1989), writer and environmentalist

Click here to get Ivanhoe's Medical Headline RSS feed Click here to listen to Ivanhoe's Medical Podcasts

Also In This Issue...

Save Your Sight, Eat Right!

Does Constant Monitoring Really Stave Off Obesity?

More Families Opting to Donate Embryos to Stem Cell Research

Extra Pounds Boost Heart Health for Diabetics

Modified Mushrooms for Medicine?

Submit Story Ideas!
E-mail us at
address@hidden

Has this site saved your life or the life of someone you know?
E-mail us at
address@hidden

What do you think about Ivanhoe?
E-mail us at
address@hidden

Smart Woman Home
Click here to read the story
Click here to read the story
Click here to read the story
Smart Woman Home

Do you want to be a part of the Ivanhoe news network?

Click here to read letters to the Webdoctor.We are interested in learning of the latest science-related research and discoveries, including astronomy, chemistry, computer and earth science, engineering, optics and physics.

Please e-mail Marsha Hitchcock, News Director, at address@hidden.

E-mail a Friend
To stop receiving the First to Know Bulletin, click here
and unsubscribe your e-mail address.

What's New | Search/Archives | Ivanhoe FAQ
E-mail Medical Alerts! | Our TV Partners | Awards | Useful Links | Play It Again, Please

Contents © 1995-2007 Ivanhoe Broadcast News, Inc.
No part of this newsletter may be reproduced without permission.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: confirm 6e01905c899f1b9b71fc5a3ac6a6b38adc8c25a8