Qemu-devel post from address@hidden requires approval

From: qemu-devel-owner
Subject: Qemu-devel post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:01:59 -0400

    List:    address@hidden
    From:    address@hidden
    Subject: ISA Proxy - possible?

    http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/admindb/qemu-devel

to approve or deny the request.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: ISA Proxy - possible? Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:01:50 +0200 User-agent: KMail/1.9.5
Would it be possible to register a set of io ports and io memory locations
with qemu and have all read write operations passed on to the host system?

A quick look at the source shows me the two look-up tables
IOPortReadFunc *ioport_read_table[3][MAX_IOPORTS];
IOPortWriteFunc *ioport_write_table[3][MAX_IOPORTS];
Instead of the default function (which just generates debug output) it should
be possible to register functions which call the ioport read/write commands
on the host system (qemu would have to be launched as root to acquire io
permissions).

Same should work with io memory using the cpu_register_io_memory function.
Or am I far off base?

Reason is that I'd like to emulate some very old linux installations which
access custom ISA hardware. For some of the ISA boards we have no source
code, only binaries linked to a 2.0.something kernel...

Daniel Schwen

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: confirm 301206ebc4c30aad78108447b4fe1fa5f9907b14