[Linphone-users] Calls do not announce on iOS with app in background

From: Daniel Garner
Subject: [Linphone-users] Calls do not announce on iOS with app in background
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 09:54:35 +0000

Hello,

I am using an iPhone XR on iOS 15.6 with Linphone 4.6.5, connected to an extension hosted in 3CX version 18 Update 4 build 965. I’m using Linphone because it supports h264 video from our door entry phones, and the 3CX app only supports VP8.

When I have the app open on the screen of my iPhone it works perfectly, but when in the background it does not ring. I have push notifications switched on in the PBX and in the Linphone app.

Could this be a known issue or is there perhaps some known config that might work for this combination?

Thank you,

  Daniel

Our business operates 24/7 and more people are now choosing to work flexibly. This means emails may arrive outside of what could be considered normal office hours but please don’t feel under any kind of pressure to respond outside of your normal working hours.

Daniel Garner Head of IT
Adnams plc. The Old Gravel Pits, Halesworth Road, Reydon, Southwold, Suffolk IP18 6SG
Tel No: 01502 727257

Watch our video all about Adnams here. Click here to watch now
Follow us on Twitter: @adnams
Find us on facebook.com/adnams
Follow us on Instagram
Visit our web site at adnams.co.uk

This E-mail originates from the sender stated above at Adnams plc, whose registered office is at :
East Green, Southwold, Suffolk, IP18 6JW, Telephone 01502 727200. Registered in England No. 31114.
The information in this e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it is confidential and intended for the person to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disseminate, forward, print, or copy this e-mail or any information contained in it.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify us by e-mail or telephone on the number above. Please then delete the e-mail.
The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not be those of Adnams plc.
We believe, but do not warrant, that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free.
You should take full responsibility for virus checking. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through our network.