Re: [Linphone-users] Cannot make outgoing call [SIP/2.0 513 Message too

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Cannot make outgoing call [SIP/2.0 513 Message too large]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:47:49 +0200

Hello.

I tried changing the MTU value in the config file with no success.
Did you have access to your providers server to make this change ? Where did you change it ? I'm confused.

It would be great to allow a setting in Linphone to change the max UDP length to possibly solve this issue.
We could eventually add it but it would nto be optimal, as we strongly discourage using SIP over UDP.

Unfortunately, some providers allows only UDP. Did you try reducing the number of activated codecs and disabling ICE to reduce the packet size ?

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior DevOps Engineer
Linphone.org