Re: [Linphone-users] Permit entering IP address as registrar (domain)

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Permit entering IP address as registrar (domain)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 19:15:13 +0200

Hello.

Linphone 3.6 is very VERY outdated.

Please retry on recent releases (4.6.7 on Android of 4.4.1 on Desktop).

If the issue is still there, we could fix it somehow.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior DevOps Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 08/04/2022 à 10:57, Дилян Палаузов a écrit :
Hello,

I run a SIP server on my computer with IP 192.168.0.199.  I want to
setup Linphone to connect to that SIP server.  The domain is litteraly
192.168.0.199.

I start the SIP Linphone Account Setup Assistant Wizzard from the
“Manage SIP Accounts” tab.  The wizzard does not allow me to enter as
domain 192.168.0.199. I enter some dns-name as domain, click Apply and
configure the account.

The account is created, but not shown in the “Manage SIP accounts” tab.
I close the Preferences, open the Preferences.  In the “Manage SIP
Accounts” tab I see the account.  Edit .

Here I can substitute the domain I entered in the past with
192.168.0.199 both under SIP Identity and under SIP Proxy address.  The
SIP User Agent does register now to the SIP server.

Please permit Linphone:
- in the Setup Wizzard to enter IP addresses as domain
- when the Preferences/Manage SIP accounts tab is open and a new
account is added, that account must appear as such, without the need to
close and reopen the Preferences window.

I use Linphone 3.6.1.

Greeetings
  Дилян