Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on iOS does not ring anymore reliably - pu

From: German Cancio
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on iOS does not ring anymore reliably - push notification not working
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 19:05:03 +0200

Martin,

I’d suggest you enable debug logs on the app and then check the log file for entries such as the following:

2021-09-16 08:28:48:232 [Linphone/iOS] MESSAGE (honeAppDelegate.m:560 ) [PushKit] Notification [0x280734480] received with payload : {
    aps =     {
        "call-id" = "be5d70c3-396a-47cb-a10e-1aea69860afd";
(…)
       "loc-key" = "IC_MSG";
        uuid = "<urn:uuid: bbb157d2-f5c0-005b-8302-442a615003ed>";
    };
}

And also

2021-09-16 08:28:48:633 [Linphone/belle-sip] MESSAGE channel [0x103e00000]: received [2253] new bytes from [TLS://sip.linphone.org:5061]:
(…)
Call-ID: be5d70c3-396a-47cb-a10e-1aea69860afd

The first log entry gives you the timestamp of when the push notification was received, the second one the timestamp of the SIP INVITE for the same call-ID.

Do you have this problem when on multiple mobile and Wifi networks? On some Wifi networks, iOS devices may be put to sleep which can cause push notifications to arrive (too) late.

Cheers Germán