Re: [Linphone-users] Contacts on an Android device

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Contacts on an Android device
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:48:04 +0200

Hello.

Sorry for the late reply.

1. Only exact numbers are recognized and displayed correctly with the corresponding name. If there is a difference, e.g. the international dialing code, the contact is not recognized.
Example: in my android contacts I normally store the numbers in the following way: +49 130 xxx
Incoming calls have a number like 0130xxx. My "normal phone" can handle this and shows the correct name. Can I do anything that linphone also shows the corrent name?

In this case, if you setup your "phone prefix" in the parameters of your accounts, the app may display the right contact name (I'm not sure about that but you could give it a try).

2. I have contacts stored in a "nomal" Android address book and a second address book synchronized with a Google Account. The Google Account is also not synchronized. Why?
Currently, we only synchronize the normal Android address book because the app isn't designed to use 2 address books (as far as I know), so only the first one is picked.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior DevOps Engineer
Linphone.org

I'm a newbie to Linphone and I'm using Linphone together with a Placetel-Acoount.
I have two issues using the contact list on my Android phone:

1. Only exact numbers are recognized and displayed correctly with the corresponding name. If there is a difference, e.g. the international dialing code, the contact is not recognized.
Example: in my android contacts I normally store the numbers in the following way: +49 130 xxx
Incoming calls have a number like 0130xxx. My "normal phone" can handle this and shows the correct name. Can I do anything that linphone also shows the corrent name?

2. I have contacts stored in a "nomal" Android address book and a second address book synchronized with a Google Account. The Google Account is also not synchronized. Why?

Best regards and thanks in advance for your help

Lutz