Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone-4.2.5.AppImage how to set up transport ove

From: Trent Creekmore
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone-4.2.5.AppImage how to set up transport over TLS?
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 20:45:13 -0500

You are probably using a self-signed certificate, or a wildcard certificate which causes that error.

On 6/12/21 7:00 PM, Sobhi El-Safady wrote:

Hello,

I registered an account with iptel.org and was not able to register with TLS. When i enabled the logs, i was receiving this error : SSL handshake failed : X509 - Certificate verification failed

However, i did some research and you can add this option in the linphonerc-factory  file to disable cert verification, which is not recommended at all, but is a work around :

[sip]
verify_server_certs=0

Maybe you can try adding the CA manually in the rootca.pem used by linphone.

On Jun 12 2021, at 5:33 pm, Tio Madrid <tio.madrid@hotmail.com> wrote:
Same problem with Linphone Android 4.4.3 (release). Ther server does
support transport over TLS with other apps. The server is iptel.org.