Re: [Linphone-users] Random Incoming calls

From: Chris Woods
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Random Incoming calls
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 03:11:29 +0100

Hi Ray,

SIP spam sucks eh :(

My broadcasting workplace has a fleet of Access Racks which were regularly hammered, and due to the partial N/ACIP support (but no real tolerance for invalid signaling or drive-by attacks they would get from SIP spammers) they would frequently lock up, or mistakenly get stuck awaiting a valid handshake to complete and effectively become stuck engaged.

Not much you can do directly with the Comrexes except change listening ports (which itself brings the obvious challenges for interoperability), obfuscate them behind firewalls with whitelists, change their public IPs, perhaps restrict access to specific source IPs if feasible -- or even have them only accessible indirectly via SIP server or SBC and use that to help filter out the junk and noise hitting them. Happy to discuss off-list if you want.

Worth checking you're on the latest v4 firmware as the stability did improve a bit over the 2.7. If you're not aware, be sure to install new CF cards, as the old ones in our Racks were, and still are, notorious for spontaneously dying when power cycled after very long uptimes (and firmware updates).

Cheers
Chris