[Linphone-users] connection failure - bad credentials

From: naegy
Subject: [Linphone-users] connection failure - bad credentials
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 00:22:38 +0000

Hello
I have looked through previous posts and cannot see the exact problem I am having so I have posted it here.

On signing up to linphone ios version 4.4, I used the telephone to register.

However, on trying to logon to send and receive messages I am now getting the error
'Account configuration issue - unknown error - try again'. There is also a message at the top of the linphone screen and when clicked it says ' connection failure due to missing credential'

I get the above when trying to log on with the telephone number.

I cannot use username and password because the registration page for the password was missing? when I registered. At least I do not remember seeing it.

The problem now is I cannot remove the account and re-start with the telephone number from fresh. I tried and the process did not allow for the account to be removed.

Also I cannot use a different number as the telephone came with the tel number and sim card and is required to be together.

Please suggest a way to re-set the account or start again with the current telephone number without getting the error messages.

I have successfully set up linphone accounts (linphone to linphone) on my ipad and android phones. I am puzzled why the difficulty here?

Thanks
Apple 6s, IOS vers 11.3.,  linphone ios version 4.4.