[Linphone-users] adding new account

From: Fourhundred Thecat
Subject: [Linphone-users] adding new account
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 14:50:26 +0200

I have installed linphone, and now I am trying to add my SIP account. I
have these details:

  server: 1.2.3.4
  user: asdf
  password: foo
  SIP port: 5061
  transport: TLS

However, I am confused where and how I should add this account in linphone.

First of all, the section where I see "Add", is called "Proxy Accounts".
I have no idea what that means. I am not using any proxy. When I click
there anyway, I see:

  Your SIP identity: sip:
  SIP proxy address: sip:

I don't know how I should fill in the details.
In what format?
Is this intentionally confusing, or am  just stupid ?

thank you,