Re: [Linphone-users] Calling linphone out of kaddressbook

From: Maciej Morycinski
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Calling linphone out of kaddressbook
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 15:28:35 -0800

Not the desktop version afaik.

You could use a html file with tel: / sip: links.

Myself, I find Thunderbird with Cardbook fits the bill, plus my script.

Communication protocols (sip, tel, and callto) have to be set in preferences for
Thunderbird and Firefox, to point to my script file. Then
I can just click on the
telephone link either in a webpage, or in an email message, and Linphone connects.
Then Cardbook will also display phone numbers as sip: links, as long as
SIP is set
in its Preferences > Communicate > Phone button.

Overall, I works very well for me.

Maciej Morycinski
morciej@gmail.com