[Linphone-users] Contacts on an Android device

From: Lutz Morawietz
Subject: [Linphone-users] Contacts on an Android device
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 13:48:18 +0100

Hello,

I'm a newbie to Linphone and I'm using Linphone together with a Placetel-Acoount.
I have two issues using the contact list on my Android phone:

1. Only exact numbers are recognized and displayed correctly with the corresponding name. If there is a difference, e.g. the international dialing code, the contact is not recognized.
Example: in my android contacts I normally store the numbers in the following way: +49 130 xxx
Incoming calls have a number like 0130xxx. My "normal phone" can handle this and shows the correct name. Can I do anything that linphone also shows the corrent name?

2. I have contacts stored in a "nomal" Android address book and a second address book synchronized with a Google Account. The Google Account is also not synchronized. Why?

Best regards and thanks in advance for your help

Lutz