Re: [Linphone-users] Startup problem in Windows 10

From: Martin W
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Startup problem in Windows 10
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 19:35:56 +0100

Is it the wrong forum to ask this question?
I am just wondering because usually this is a quite responsive forum...
Thank you,
DeMaddin

Am Fr., 12. Feb. 2021 um 15:41 Uhr schrieb Martin W <martin.walla.mw@gmail.com>:
Hello...

Several weeks ago I installed and have used Linphone to make phone calls on Win10 without problems (based on 2 SIP numbers).
At some point, Linphone did not startup again, neither automatically nor when explicitly started.
The hourglass is active for about 5 seconds - but no window appears (no taskbar icon either).
It seems to me the process gets stuck in a very early phase. However, there is a background task linphone.exe running - but without any effect or visibility (Status "Wird ausgeführt" in german, like 'running' in english).
- I have no idea what could have stopped linphone from working correctly
- I have removed and reinstalled linphone already twice, but nothing changed: whenever I try to start it, no window becomes visible.
- an alternative SIP client which i installed in the meantime is working fine, however i would prefer to use linphone
* Is there a startup log or similar which i can have a look at to identify the issue? Where is it located?
* Do you have an idea what could be the cause for this issue?

Thank you,
DeMaddin