Re: [Linphone-users] issues using LinPhoneDIRK

From: ael
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] issues using LinPhoneDIRK
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 15:09:24 +0000

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:02:06PM +0100, Boris wrote:
> Am 13.01.21 um 11:31 schrieb ael via Linphone-users:
> > On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:59:55AM +0100, Peio Rigaux wrote:
> > The latest linphone in Debian unstable now works here, although
> > there was a problem with icons which was traced to a library
> > dependency: see +https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=979139
> >
> > I haven't checked whether the modified version has entered testing
> > just yet.
> >
> > It is very different from the old version of linphone, but once you
> > get used to the new GUI it works. Here, at least.
>
> Hej ael,
>
> thanks for spreading optimism!
> LinPhone is 4.2.5 in Bullseye:

Yes. That's the one running here. But you may have to
 apt remove libqt5quick5-gles
and then install libqt5quick5 instead in order to get working icons on
xfce4, at least.

The package needs to be upgraded to remove the dependency on
libqt5quick5-gles. I think that maintainers will do that soon, before it
transitions to testing.

ael