Re: [Linphone-users] issues using LinPhoneDIRK

From: Boris
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] issues using LinPhoneDIRK
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 22:02:06 +0100

Am 13.01.21 um 11:31 schrieb ael via Linphone-users:
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:59:55AM +0100, Peio Rigaux wrote:

We are currently talking with official maintainers of Linux
distributions (especially Debian).

There were issues in the past preventing them to support the latest
version of Linphone, and I'm sorry for that.

I chose LinPhone because it is more or less the standard for IP
telephony in my favorite Linux distribution (Debian Buster).

The latest linphone in Debian unstable now works here, although
there was a problem with icons which was traced to a library
dependency: see +https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=979139

I haven't checked whether the modified version has entered testing
just yet.

It is very different from the old version of linphone, but once you
get used to the new GUI it works. Here, at least.

Hej ael,

thanks for spreading optimism!
LinPhone is 4.2.5 in Bullseye:
https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=bullseye&searchon=names&keywords=linphone
So hopefully we have a maintained version with its release.
The new GUI won't be a hurdle!

Boris