Re: [Linphone-users] (Linux mint 18.3/flatpak) Linphone-desktop 4.1.1 -

From: Maciej Morycinski
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] (Linux mint 18.3/flatpak) Linphone-desktop 4.1.1 - Calling a number/sip address from web page or command line
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 12:07:05 -0700

Ken,

The script takes a command generated by a browser link such as tel:555-1212, sip:whoever@whatever.net or callto:555-1212, or by an address book
entry from CardBook. It extracts the phone number or SIP address, and sends the properly formatted result to Linphone.

I need it because Linphone does not work out of the box as a handler application for any of these, as far as I could tell. I wish it could take
the raw link as a parameter, but it doesn't understand the syntax. So I set up Firefox and Thunderbird/CardBook to run the script, and the script
calls Linphone in turn, with a parameter that works. Pretty straightforward.

It's easy to adapt to work with any SIP softphone that can take a command line to make a call. They all use command lines that are not
compatible with browsers, except Zoiper does work.