Re: [Linphone-users] linphone installation in Linux

From: Ken
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone installation in Linux
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 16:43:05 +0800

I wish you luck my friend... I have never found anyone here who will explain the basics of the Linphone installation.

From the latest I have seen they have abandoned the flatpak version and are now going with an app.image version.

I tried it a few days ago and I did not achieve any success beyond being able to get my SIP account to register but after that.. nothing.

Still no clues as to why it will not work. Someone looked at my log once and told me that the problem was on my SIP provider's end so I wrote to them but all I got back was doubletalk from their tech people.  I have no problem using the Bria softphone but I hate MS Windoze.

My SIP account also will work on a Grandstream hardware phone but not on Linux and I have tried the Zoiper app too with the same results.

Aloha, Ken