[Linphone-users] Echo cancellation doesn't work

From: rondry
Subject: [Linphone-users] Echo cancellation doesn't work
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 16:05:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, I use Linphone Android client 4.3.0 (the last Google Play version) on Xiaomi MI A1 phone with Android 9. When calling somebody, the call partner hears his own echo.
I have tried to play with settings - Echo cancellation, Echo canceler calibration, Test echo - but with no success. When I start Echo canceler calibration it says sometimes "failed", sometimes "No echo", but the Test echo indicate echo all the time.
As I understand the "echo" problem, there are two kinds of cancelation - HW and SW. I have noticed that many MI A1 users using various VoIP apps complained about "echo". The MI A1 phone probably has such problem itself and I guess, it's related to the HW cancelation. On the other hand, the Linphone's Echo cancelation is related to SW cancelation (I guess) and it should work independently of Phone model. Am I right?
Can I do something more to suppress the caller echo? Or, is it Linphone's bug?

Regards
Ondrej Rajmon