Re: [Linphone-users] Password recovery at linphone.org

From: Gerard Vanderveken
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Password recovery at linphone.org
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 13:27:31 +0200

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer.

My account ghia was indeed created on a tablet and then used on a phone.

ghia ghia eu can be used as email address.

It's possible that i was so stupid to register the account with a national number starting with 048426....

If necessary to verify, it should be possible to sip call (on appointment).

Best regards and TIA,

Gerard

PS

I'm sorry to have posted twice. Our domain was moved to another server. I got a message about greylisting and I realised that the email adres was not the one where I registered with and so I sent again with that address.

The first address was not intented but was the first in the list of mail identities and the default identity was not used. Solved by uncheck and check again.

To my surprise i saw both messages on the list, while i had expected that the other mail address would have been refused by the list.

As a last remark, i did not receive an email about your answer. For the 4 other posts, mine 2 included, i got a message.

Again, apologies for the disturbance.

Hello.

Unless you use a tablet, you can't currently create an account on a phone with an email address, you need to have an account either created on the desktop app or on the website.

What is your username ? I could eventually find the associated email address in the database by hand.

As said by the website (even if the UI is misleading), you need to enter your username and email, OR phone number, depending on how you created your account.

Do NOT enter the 3 fields, I don't know if we handle this (whether or not we should).

The username to enter is the part before '@sip.linphone.org' (reminder : strictly speaking, sip_uri = username@domain).

Concerning the initial value of the phone number, it is not taken into account when you fill the username and email fields.

P.S. : I know that there is some improvements to do regarding website UI. It is noted but not scheduled yet, as we have a lot of work to do regarding Linphone itself.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org