[Linphone-users] ios linphone, tls and asterisk?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: [Linphone-users] ios linphone, tls and asterisk?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 19:18:41 -0400

I have an asterisk 16.7.0 setup, which is basically working.
Some background about what is and isn't working.

I have several hardphone type devices talking to asterisk ok.

I have linphone on mac talking to it asterisk tls.

I find that linphone android (f-droid) version will not connect over
tls; I've posted about that earlier and this message is not about that
problem.

Baresip studio on android works fine.

With linphone on ios (current app store version), I find that udp and
tcp registrations work fine, and with tcp (didn't try with udp reg) a
call to the ios device worked with good audio.

But, trying to register tls from ios failed.  My host has a letsencrypt
certificate, and ios I think is ok with that because accessing a web
server on the same hostname with the same cert works fine.

Does anyone have experience good or bad with:

  linphone ios and lets encrypt certs?

  linphone ios and tls registration to asterisk?

A further question is if there are other Free software zero-cost options
in the app store for sip on ios?

Thanks,
Greg