Re: [Linphone-users] Image upload script?

From: Roland Häder
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Image upload script?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 02:10:07 +0100

On 11/21/2019 11:13 PM, Bret Busby wrote:
> On 21/11/2019, Roland Häder <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> my phone has no location set for image upload. Where can I find that PHP
>> script URL, please? And BTW: Is this compatible with WebDAV? If so, I
>> can try my NextCloud's URL (with login credentials) instead to upload
>> sent images there instead.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Roland Haeder
>>
>> PS: If Linhpone has no support for WebDAV (Nextcloud does) then please
>> consider adding it to allow people have more control on their data and
>> not their genitals being shared on a central server. ;-)
>>

> If you put it in a cloud, it will be there for the world to see.
>
> just ask any celbrity who has become even more of a celebrity, because
> of similarly using clouds to hide their naughty pictures.

I'm not talking about iCloud and such closed-source software. I talk
about NextCloud, which is FLOSS and can be installed on your own server,
like mine [1] is. Nobody except my girlfriend and me have access there.
My hoster Server4You (now Host Europe) will not dare do such a thing,
breaking customer's trust. Please don't compare apples with peaches!

Having it stored on a CENTRAL server means it may become subject to
increased attacks, not just over the Internet (the administrator must
stay very up-to-date then) but also attacks by lawsuits ("censorship"
requests such as DMCA). While with NextCloud the attacker must attack
each installation due to the distritbuted (and federated!) nature of
NextCloud.

Still please ask my question which URL I have to enter to be able to
store non-private pictures again. Thank you.

Best regards,
Roland Haeder

1: https://cloud.mxchange.org