Re: [Linphone-users] Please Answer for my School Report

From: Stuart D. Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Please Answer for my School Report
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 08:50:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019, Kurnia Mega wrote:

I want to ask some questions

Nosey!

how do you provide SIP Address for clients?

Just use raw IPv6, e.g.:
Stuart D. Gathman <sip:stuart@[fc37:2c50:7583:e01a:8c69:8f50:8dcf:a076]>

and where is the SIP Address obtained from?
It is random.  See https://github.com/cjdelisle/cjdns

Any globally routable IPv6 will work (or even a long obsolete public
IPv4 - if you can get one).  You can add the addresses to your Address
Book (which ironically, most people use to store antique early 20th
century phone numbers instead).

For people still stuck in the late 20th century, trapped in IP4 NAT jail,
I use a public SIP proxy:

sip:address@hidden

To talk to people still trapped in the early 20th century with antique
phone numbers, I use sip.diamondcard.us as a SIP to POTS proxy.
(Keeping that one private as antiques are expensive.)

Question for you: Why do most US ISPs refuse to offer usable (e.g.
isn't RFC compliant without rDNS and static net prefix) IPv6?

  1) Conspiracy Theory: by trapping everyone in IP4 NAT jail, we compel
        them to use our centralized services!  Bwa! Ha! Ha! Ha!

  2) Incompetency Theory: most ISPs are subsidiaries of the company
        Dilbert works at.

Consider joining the growing community of grass roots internet, e.g.
        https://www.metamesh.org/

--
              Stuart D. Gathman <address@hidden>