Re: [Linphone-users] realtime text in linphone client?

From: Stuart D. Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] realtime text in linphone client?
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 09:22:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019, Benoit Chesneau via Linphone-users wrote:

I'm wondering if the current linphone client handle realtime text aka
the RFC 4103? Or do you know any small client based ont he linphone
sdk that would allows it? I am trying to skip the need to write a
small C code just to test it :)

The Linphone GUI sends text messages in "real time" using SIP.  RFC 4103
seems to be about carrying text in RTP packets.  What is the advantage
of doing that when you already have a SIP connection?

--
              Stuart D. Gathman <address@hidden>