Re: [Linphone-users] linphonecsh doesn't work from cron

From: Stuart D. Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphonecsh doesn't work from cron
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 17:59:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019, K.Kong wrote:

I have managed to get linphonesch to work in a bash script.
I tested it extensively to make the calls I wanted to do. But when I then
scheduled the script in cron, it won't work. It keeps getting:

ERROR: Failed to connect pipe: No such file or directory

Can linphonesh work in cron?

Sure.  But cron has a different selinux context, different environment
variables, etc.  First, consider using systemd service with timer.

To find out cron environment, start with a simple env >/tmp/cron.env in
a cron script.  Compare with environment you have when running from user
context.  Check audit.log for selinux denials, or try it with selinux in
permissive mode.  Those are the two I've run into with running service
from cron - but there may be more.  Also make sure you are running as
the same user id - this is a user cron, correct?

--
              Stuart D. Gathman <address@hidden>