Re: [Linphone-users] Minimum phone number length in "Link your account"

From: Lupe Christoph
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Minimum phone number length in "Link your account"
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 16:00:40 +0200

On Wednesday, 2019-07-31 at 09:53:46 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Lupe Christoph <address@hidden> writes:

> > I just installed Linphone on my Android phone. Nice App, I must say.

> > BUT! I almost immediately ran into my first bug. The "Link your account"
> > assistant requires a minimum phone number of 10 digits. I still have
> > numbers that are only eight digits long, four digits area code and four
> > digits extension. This looks like an "outguessing the user" bug...

> I think it's looking for a global phone number, including country code.
> It sounds like you are doing something else.

Nope, in that assistant you select your country, and it fills in the
country code. In my case, that was correctly (Germany, +49). It looks
like the assistant needs a little love. It is not possible to change the
country, there is a page for that, but it's a "Hotel California" page
("... you can never leave.").

> > I have found no bug tracker, so I'll hope that somebody can pick this up
> > from the -users mailing list.

> You also found the bug that "link your account" doesn't really clearly
> explain what it is doing, and that it is or at least used to be somewhat
> hard to say "no, I don't want to do this" and not get asked again :-)

Yes, indeed. I can set the outgoing phone number in the provider
website, so I don't need to tell the app about it.

So, for now, I'll just ignore the crippled assistant.

Thanks,
Lupe Christoph
--
| Being human totally sucks most of the time. Videogames are the only          |
| thing that make life bearable.                                               |