Re: [Linphone-users] Call drops after 32 seconds

From: Stuart D. Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Call drops after 32 seconds
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 11:53:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Robert Dixon wrote:

This 30 second timeout problem has plagued Linphone users for years, and it
has been brought up on many lists, with no real solution.I was able to
partially solve it on a local network by eliminating the use of TCP in the
Network options. Just use
UDP.
I was ecstatic.  Then I went to use it on a larger network, and it failed
again in the same way. I do not understand this.

The issue is that the 200 ACK response is sent to the wrong ip.

Well for me.  In all cases, the 200 ACK doesn't get back one way or
another. I might be because a NAT router times out the connection, or many other ways the peer might have the right IP - but the ACK
response isn't routed or gets blocked.

--
              Stuart D. Gathman <address@hidden>