Re: [Linphone-users] Report the bug

From: Stuart D. Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Report the bug
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 14:54:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, 杨智 wrote:

I download your app from play store. I install Linphone App in two devices.
If these two devices connect to the same wifi network. Make the call, both
side cannot heard each other. Once one device used the different network
such as another wifi network or 4g. It will work correctly.

Could you give me the explanation?

Short answer: NAT

Long answer:

There is a world wide conspiracy to avoid IP6 so as to keep customers in
IP4 NAT jail.  Complex firewalls can code multiple SIP users in
alternate ports - but there is no standard for doing so.  NAT is Evil™.

Solution: get on IP6.  With a stable IP6, you can do peer to peer calls
as well.  (Although some library used by linphone-3.6.1 seems to have broken
peer-to-peer in the last 2 months on the Fedora distro.)

A VPN can provide a stable IP6 for a mobile device.  A Mesh VPN (like
Cjdns) can do so efficiently (without relaying through home base).

--
              Stuart D. Gathman <address@hidden>