Re: [Linphone-users] registration problem

From: Stuart D. Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] registration problem
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 08:50:19 -0400

Linphone is just a SIP client.  This is an issue with whatever service you were registered with - which you don't mention.   Normally, when registering with a new SIP to PoTS service, you can ask to "port" your phone number to the new service.  This takes a few days.

However, when you say "deleted the account", perhaps you only mean you deleted the local config for that account on the Linphone app.  In that case, the account is still active at whatever service you had configured - all you've done is delete the local login and SIP info.  You will need to go to their web page to make any changes.