Re: [Linphone-users] Problem with app for IOS

From: Juha Heinanen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Problem with app for IOS
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 22:26:40 +0300

Dominic writes:

> I'm not familiar enough with linphone's internals to know if a
> solution like this could work for linphone as well. Maybe one of
> the devs could take a look at your implementation? I didn't see a
> license on your project repo (
> https://github.com/juha-h/baresip-studio ) though.

I'm not familiar with licensing issues.  I don't care who uses my code
and I myself have stolen pieces of code from stack overflow answers.

> I currently have several linphone android endpoints deployed, and
> in general they work quite well. The most frustrating problem
> though is that they ring unreliably due to loss of registration.
> Unfortunately, I'm not able to use the built in push notification
> system because it adds a very long string to the device's AOR in
> Asterisk (push notification tokens I believe). When I attempt to
> ring multiple devices at the same time via a FreePBX Ring Group
> the Asterisk Dial() function is truncated due to this string.

You could try the push config trick mentioned earlier on this thread.  I
don't know, however, if that trick needs to be applied each time
linphone is started.

> Needless to say, if you have solved this problem, I would love to
> see your solution integrated into linphone.

I'm sure linphone folks are much more familiar with this issue than me
and if they wish they could fix the problem. On issue

https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-android/issues/55

DatBewar commented on May 2, 2017:

  Currently you can't stay in the background without push. I don't know
  if we will change this in the future.

and that prompted me to give up on Linphone and start working on
Baresip.

-- Juha