Re: [Linphone-users] Unable to register account on desktop computer

From: Russell Treleaven
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Unable to register account on desktop computer
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 20:23:38 +0000

Hi,
Stop by linphone irc channel and I will help you. My time zone is est-5.

On Wed, May 9, 2018, 1:28 PM Bret Busby <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello.

I have an existing account, which had been created some years ago, for
a Linux desktop computer.

I have tried to get the account operational, and I have managed to log
into the account.

The username is bret.busby .

The version of Linphone that I have installed on this computer
(running UbuntuMATE Linux 16.04), is Linphone 3.6.1 .

In trying to get the Linphone installation operational, in going to
the Preferences (->Settings), in the first tab, is "Network Settings",
which has the heading "Network protocol and ports".

A default option is "SIP (TLS)", with the port number defaulting to
5060, which returns the error message

"
Could not start tls transport on port 5060, maybe this port is already used.
"

which results in the Linphone window displaying the error message at
the bottom (it can not be copied and pasted)
"Registration on <sip:sip.linphone.org> failed: no response timeout"

Assuming that the option "SIP (TLS)" is the correct option there, how
do I find which port is an appropriate port, if the default port 5060,
is not appropriate?

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby