[Linphone-users] apk for older android versions?

From: Miles Jackson
Subject: [Linphone-users] apk for older android versions?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 15:00:45 -0600

Hi All!

I'm trying to load libphone on an obsolete Verizon Droid 2, which uses
Android 2.3.4 (WiFi connected, no Verizon service).

I can get the apk onto the phone, but when I click on it, I get the
astoundingly helpful error message: "There is a problem parsing the
package."

It's not really enough to go on, is it?

From reading some of the developer archives, I've been able to determine
that Linphone ran under 2.3.4 in the past, but I'm not sure why the apk
won't parse now.

Is there an archive of older apk files for obsolete phones, or could
someone point me to an apk that would work with the older device?

Thanks for any help.

Kind Regards,

Miles.